What a welcome Hart’s Local Grocers had this past week. And what a fine future we’re all going to have—together.
For the past year, Team Hart’s has been working behind the scenes to imagine a grocery store inspired by the charm of a bygone era and the renaissance of modern urban life in downtown Rochester. And in a few short months, we’ll open our doors on Winthrop Street, proud neighbors to some of Rochester’s favorite gathering places.
So many stories have led to this moment. So many more to be shared. That’s where we’ll point The Wagon: a blog you can follow, and one where you can join the conversation wherever you find yourself. Home. Work. A coffee shop. A bus. Hey, we’re social like that.
Come spring, we’ll make Hart’s Local Grocers one of your top destinations. But for now, our blog is the place to make frequent stops—and follow along as each new tale unfolds.
Here’s a taste of the types of stories on the way:
- Get to know the people behind Hart’s in a series of fun, surprising profiles that’ll inspire you and fill you with fresh civic pride.
- Learn more about the original store, first-hand from descendents of the store’s founder.
- See what departments and products we’re planning, from regional produce to local products.
- Watch the store come alive with photo essays that offer a peek behind the curtain, and picture yourself surrounded by the fresh sights and sounds of a completely new shopping experience.
- Hear about the latest trends in healthy, sustainable shopping and munching.
The Wagon blog has a lot in store for you. Don’t miss a single chapter—sign up today for our e-newsletter, and you’ll receive periodic recaps of the best of the blog.